[Gobernanza-Internet-Paraguay] Fwd: ISOC - CL : Advance Preview: 2016 Global Internet Report

Natalia Enciso natalia.enciso en gmail.com
Mie Nov 23 07:33:08 EST 2016

Otro reporte sobre datos!

Dear Chapter Leaders, On November 23rd we will be launching our flagship
publication, the 2016 Global Internet Report. We would like to give you...
-posted to the "Chapter Leaders Community" community
== Please, reply above this line ==
------------------------------
Chapter Leaders Community
<http://connect.internetsociety.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/?GroupId=31>
Advance Preview: 2016 Global Internet Report
<https://connect.internetsociety.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread/?GroupId=31&MID=13255&tab=digestViewer>
[image: Olaf Kolkman]
<http://connect.internetsociety.org/network/members/profile/?UserKey=e5decba9-6b35-4f1b-9a56-fac661246433>
Nov 22, 2016 9:13 AM
Olaf Kolkman
<http://connect.internetsociety.org/network/members/profile/?UserKey=e5decba9-6b35-4f1b-9a56-fac661246433>

Dear Chapter Leaders,

On November 23rd we will be launching our flagship publication, the 2016
Global Internet Report. We would like to give you an advance preview of the
report and its recommendations. We ask that you do not share any of the
report’s details until after launch.

This year's report, 'The Economics of Building Trust Online: Preventing
Data Breaches', looks at data breaches, their impact on user trust, and
subsequent consequences for the digital economy.

These consequences, not surprisingly, can be serious. The purpose of the
report isn't to emphasize the problem, but to offer solutions and to
emphasize the important role that companies and organizations play in
building a more trusted Internet:

*Specifically, the Global Internet report offers 5 key recommendations.
They are:*

   1. Put users at the centre of solutions; and include the costs to both
   users and organisations when assessing the costs of data breaches.
   2. Increase transparency through data breach notifications and
   disclosure.
   3. Data security must be a priority. Better tools and approaches should
   be made available. Organisations should be held to best practice standards
   when it comes to data security.
   4. Organisations should be accountable for their breaches. General rules
   regarding the assignment of liability and remediation of data breaches must
   be established up front.
   5. Increase incentives to invest in security by catalysing a market for
   trusted, independent assessment of data security measures.

We hope you find the report useful and insightful. Much of this would not
have been possible without the excellent input from many of you.

*You can find the report on Box:*
isoc.box.com/v/gir2016final

We encourage you to help spread the message to your communities. Tomorrow
will be the official launch so please watch and share on your social
channels! The hashtag is #GIR2016

Olaf Kolkman
Chief Internet Technology Officer

and

Sally Wentworth
Vice President of Global Policy Development
kolkman en isoc.org
Chief Internet Technology Officer

--
natalia.enciso en gmail.com